Partner / Vicepresident
Industrial Engineering, Universidad de Los Andes; M.B.A., Emory University.
With more than 10 years of investment banking experience in the areas of M&A, privatizations and structured finance in Latin America, Mr. Marulanda has advised several local and multinational clients in the energy and power, infrastructure, mining, basic industries, retail, consumer and metal sectors. Aggregate transactions have involved assets worth over $5 billion.
Prior joining INVERLINK in 2008, Mr. Marulanda worked at SGC in Miami and at Sumatoria, a local investment bank.
- Led the sale of a 99% government-owned equity stake in EBSA
- Structured the BOOMT contract for the execution of a 2,400MW power generation plant
- Headed the privatization of three power utility companies for $300mm+
- Advised a group of institutional investors in the acquisition of a minority stake in a energy holding company for US$140 million
- Advised the sale of Cementos Andino and Concrecem to Cementos Argos, including an $80mm+ debt restructuring
- Led the structuring of four proposals to acquire or to build, operate and maintain energy transmission assets worth over $1 billion; associated investments exceeded US$350mm
- Negotiated a nine-year extension for an airport’s concession with $60mm+ in additional investments
- Financed on a non-recourse basis the acquisition of a tugboats fleet
- Refinanced $75mm+ in bank loans for an operator under a BOMT contract of Bogota’s integrated massive transportation system (“Transmilenio”)