Partner / Executive VP
Master in Finance, City University of London; B.A., Business Administration, Colegio de Estudios Superiores de Administración –CESA.
Mr. Saldarriaga has more than 15 years of experience in investment banking both in the local and international arenas.
Prior to joining INVERLINK in 2002, Mr. Saldarriaga worked at Salomon Smith Barney in their London and New York offices. He began his career in the Bogotá offices of Deutche Morgan Grenfell.
Mr. Saldarriaga has executed various transactions both locally and internationally with an aggregate value in excess of US$ 5 billion including:
- Sale of Translago (freight forwarding business) to Kuehne Nagel
- Advisory to institutional investors (local pension funds) on the acquisition of a minority interest in Empresa de Energía de Bogotá
- Sale of an equity stake in Credivalores to ACON Investments
- Sale of an equity stake in Teleset to Sony Pictures International
- Sale of Carulla Vivero to Almacenes Exito
- Fairness opinion to Bancolombia related to its merger with Conavi and Corfinsura
- Acquisition by Philip Morris of Coltabaco
- Sale of an equity stake in Banco Colpatria to GE Capital
- Sale of auto finance company Confinanciera to Banco Davivienda
- Acquisition by Ashomre Energy International of a control equity stake in Promigas
- Advisory services relating to a follow–on equity offering to Interconexión Eléctrica S.A. (ISA)
- Initial Public Offering (I.P.O.) of Banco de Crédito
- Sale of dairy products company Algarra to Grupo Gloria del Perú
- Sale of Aseguradora Hidalgo to MetLife
- Sale of an equity stake in Inversura (Grupo Suramericana) to Munich Re
- Acquisition of Bancomer by BBVA