Master in Finance, City University of London; B.A., Business Administration, Colegio de Estudios Superiores de Administracion – CESA.
Mr. Saldarriaga has more than 20 years of experience in investment banking both in local and international arenas.
Prior to joining INVERLINK in 2002, Mr. Saldarriaga worked at Salomon Smith Barney in their London and New York offices. He began his career in the Bogotá offices of Deutsche Morgan Grenfell.
Mr. Saldarriaga has executed various transactions of M&A, capital market issuing and project finance for both local and international companies, as well as private equity funds and other institutional investors, from which the following transactions stand out.
- Sale of ISAGEN
- Acquisition of CIFIM
- Sale of HELM BANK
- Sale of an equity stake in Banco Colpatria to Scotiabank
- Sale of Translago to Kuehne Nagel
- Advisory to local pension funds on the acquisition of a minority stake in Empresa de Energía de Bogotá
- Sale of an equity stake in Credivalores to ACON Investments
- Sale of an equity stake in Teleset to Sony Pictures International
- Sale of an equity stake in Banco Colpatria to GE Capital
- Sale of Carulla Vivero to Almacenes Éxito
- Fairness Opinion to Bancolombia related to its merger with Conavi and Corfinsura
- Acquisition by Philip Morris of Coltabaco
- Sale of Corfinanciera to Banco Davivienda
- Acquisition by Ashmore Energy International of a controlling equity stake in Promigas
- Advisory services related to a follow – on equity offering to Interconexión Eléctrica S.A. (ISA)
- Initial Public Offering of Banco de Crédito
- Sale of Algarra to Grupo Gloria del Perú
- Sale of Aseguradora Hidalgo to Metlife
- Sale of an equity stake in Inversura (Grupo Suramericana) to Munich Re
- Acquisition of Bancomer by BBVA